Monday 27 July 2009

New Pins Launched Today

London 2012 launched a number of new pins today along with the 3 YTG pin at the Museum of London.

In addition to the countdown pin, there were pins on the themes of London Markets, Music, Flowers, Punk and Guards.

I'm updating the website tonight and tomorrow, so please be patient while I get the pictures and inventory listings up there. I'll get it done as quickly as possible. I'll get the pictures done first, then the inventory.

Once the inventory is up to date, I'll update the blog with some information I found out today about sponsor pins and potential pin collecting events.

Also - the gold skyline set was there, and it looks like it will be available soon. I'll update the website (and the blog) with more details once the new pins are added.

Keep checking back all this week, they'll be more...

9 comments:

Tom said...

Can't wait to hear about the pin collecting events

pottsy_13 said...

Hi, do you know how i can get hold of a 4YTG 2012 pin and the handover ceremony pin? Thanks,

Paul said...

Hi Pottsy, the best place for the 2 pins you mention is eBay, although watch out for fakes.

pottsy_13 said...

Ok thanks.

Paul said...

Pottsy, there's a 4YTG on eBay tonight (Item 130321384556). I've bought from the seller before - he is a good seller and can be trusted.

Glyn said...

Congrats on obtaining the new pins Paul and also for keeping us up to date with new releases etc. Had a great time at the tour of the Olympic Stadium on Sunday. It is going to be a very up close/intimate stadium. It certainly has the wow factor.

Hedley said...

Paul
Greetings from an "ex-pat" in Michigan and I really appreciate the information on your site - It is already saved on my favorites and I will be checking in regularly for updates.

Looks like I did get one of the 3 year pins but like Pottsy will be looking for a 4YTG

Any thoughts on how the new sets will price especially the Guards set ? I have to buy online (being rather far away) and assume that it will be Museum of London or Crest website ?

Again, best wishes and looking forward to 3 fun years of collecting.

Hedley

Paul said...

Hedley, thanks for the positive comments, I'm glad you're finding the site useful. The Guards set is being sold at GBP50 at the Museum of London. Not sure if any other retailers have it at the moment.

Drop me an email at info@london2012pins.com as I might have an idea!

Tom said...

Hi Hedley

If you want to trade or need help getting pins feel free to drop me a line blogmaster@olympiclondon.me

Tom