Friday 18 September 2009

18/9: New LOCOG and Sponsor Pins & Other News

I was lucky enough to talk to a couple of representatives from Honav UK yesterday and got some news and photos. I'll update the inventory soon, but here goes...

Back in June, LOCOG held a 'World Press Briefing' for the heads of the media organisations that will be covering the Games. They handed out a pin shown below


I understand that there will be further briefings in the next few years and the future pins will have different colour logos and different media types (e.g. replace the notebook with a camera - my guess, not a fact!). This issue was limited to 300 pins (like the Partner Workshop pin).

Next, the white logo pin - number 6 will be offered for sale to those people lucky enough to be going to the Olympic Park tour as part of the London Open House weekend. But, the more important news is that the pin will be going on retail sale shortly after. I'm guessing the existing retail outlets will be carrying it. No word on price, but I assume it will be around the £7 mark like the other logo pins.

The skyline set is coming soon. The 10 gold pins will probably be issued as a set. It looks like they were almost ready to be issued previously, but something delayed the launch. No exact word on when, but I'm thinking it will be this year. I'm hoping for a tie in with the 1000 day pin, but that's a guess. These pins will be numbers 20-29 as per my rumours page.

There are going to be 2 new internal pins for LOCOG staff only soon - one of the logo and one of the Paralympics logo both in silver. No word on issue size, but not available retail.

Finally, 2 new sponsor pins, both from Tier 2 partners.

The first from Adecco and then another from Deloitte.



The rest of the details I got were updates to issue limits, information about the pin backs and backing cards and the story behind the pink vs. purple pins. We also had a chat about the fake pins that are appearing for sale online. I'll be putting a few short articles together for the website soon.

Honav UK were very helpful and offered lots of information, hopefully this is only the first of many updates I'll be able to bring you in the future. I think there's a lot more to come this year, so as soon as I have something new, I'll post it.

I'll aim to get this new stuff onto the inventory over the next couple of days.

By they way, if you have any questions or issues you'd like to put to Honav UK, feel free to add a comment, use the forum on my website or drop me an email. I'm happy to package up a set of questions and see if I can get some answers.

1 comments:

Tom said...

Really like the Adecco pin. Best sponsor pin yet?