Tuesday 1 September 2009

1/9: Inventory Update - Weather and Teapots

I've finally updated the inventory with the weather and teapot pins issued last week. Sorry it's taken so long this time, I was on holiday and then had issues with the post, but I finally got them today so managed to catalogue, photograph and post this evening.

I've listed the available date as 20 August as I think this is the first time they were available for purchase. If anyone disagrees, please post a comment.

I've had problems identifying or describing the teapot styles, so if anyone can point me towards a teapot classification website (!) let me know. I want to improve on "Teapot 1".

I notice this is the first time we've seen the white logo used as part of a pin (other than as Pin 6) and also the first time we've seen the Paralympic logo in white. I think the white works really well in these designs and allows us to see the Olympic rings and Paralympic logo.

Also, we've seen a new retailer get the pins first. For the first time the pins have been solely available on eBay rather than one of the shops used previously. Is this perhaps a move to ready us for an online shop later this year. It'll be interesting to see when the pins appear in the Museum of London. I've always maintained that I'm not here to promote any particular seller and have used Runners Need, Crest and the Museum of London before al with no problem. For any of you who would normally use a shop to purchase and do not use eBay, I can honestly say I had an easy and trouble free purchase from hux777 on eBay. The communications were good, delivery was quick and the pins were perfect. This isn't an official endorsement, but my personal experience was good and I will use them again. I'm adding an entry to the Links page of the website as in my mind they've been established by LOCOG as a retailer and you can see their store by clicking this link

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When will the weather pins be available officially? I know that a few have been on eBay, but Crest, Museum of London and Runners Need have all told me that they have never had any in stock.

Thank you.

Paul said...

At the moment the only place to get the weather and teapot pins is in eBay. They may not be 'official' sellers, but they are trustworthy, I've bought from them personally and I'm not affiliated with them.

As for an official source, I reckon the MoL will have them eventually, maybe with the 1000 days pin at the end of October?