Tuesday 10 July 2012

10/7: Venue Pins - Retail Update

Good news for those of us looking to collect the retail venue pins...

I spoke to a director of the London 2012 Shop at Hyde Park today and they confirmed that, with possibly a few exceptions, every venue pin will be able to be purchased at the Hyde Park shop. So, that means if you haven't got tickets to a venue, you will still be able to get the pins at the Hyde Park location.

I have no further details on what pins there will be, how many will be available in Hyde Park or any other low level information yet. As soon as I have it, I'll blog it here.

There will be a few pins which will not be available there (I don't know what they may be), but in general, not having access to a venue should not stop you having access to the pins. There will be no online sales, just at Hyde Park.

I do not know if the same is true for the Olympic Park shops.

5 comments:

DJ said...

When you were there, did you happen to see if they were selling any downing st pins? I've been trying to get one for ages but they're just not available from my usual sources.

London Pins said...

No, none of that pin there I'm afraid.

TJ said...

Hi DJ you can get the 2 downing street pins from www.glamorous living.co.uk. They have stock because I purchase from there frequently and I have seen them on there today. Normal price and no delivery charge. Website click on the crowns London pin badges then brings selection of boxes click on view all, scroll all the way down as they are near the bottom.

DJ said...

Okay, thanks.

Sleathy said...

Interesting ...a US based website with some interesting Venue Pins...

http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/pins-viewall/index.php?pagemax=all&v=olympics_pins&ecid=PID-5011894&pa=SEM_NBCOlympics_london%202012%20pins&s_kwcid=TC|15235|london%202012%20pins||S|e|11840728443