Saturday 7 July 2012

7/7: Pin Meet - Saturday 21st July

Here's an update for those of you planning on coming to the next pin meet arranged for Saturday 21st July.

As most of you know, we originally planned to have the meet in Stratford, but now that Coca-Cola have confirmed that their pin trading centre in Hyde Park will be open on that day, it makes more sense for us to be there. Some of the regulars will be on the pin trading rota for that day, so having the whole group there to trade makes a lot of sense.



The centre will be running that day in its regular mode, which means that it's open from 10am until 10pm. I'm not suggesting that the pin meet is that long! There will be pin traders at the tables there for that entire period, so please feel free to come along and join us when you can. The centre will be open to the public, but hopefully the numbers there on the day mean that everyone will get the chance to enjoy the area and get some good trading done. If the crowds are too great, it's possible that a queueing system may need to be used, but let's see how it goes.

Even though some traders will be there all day, why not come along around 12pm and bring a picnic with you. The trading centre is in Hyde Park with lots of space around it. If the weather is good, we can have something to eat outside and get some trading done too. Whatever happens, there will always be people at the pin trading tables in the centre, so join us when you can.

I look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible for the last unofficial pin meet before the Games. If you haven't confirmed that you plan to be there drop me an email. It's not mandatory, but as usual, if I get any sponsor pins to give away, they will go on a first registered, first served basis.

Thank you to Coca-Cola for allowing us to have the meet at the pin trading centre.

If you're not sure how to find the Pin Trading Centre - click here for more details and a map

11 comments:

DJ said...

Will the centre be opening before that date?

wookie said...

There is a media day on the 17th - not sure whether the public will be allowed in or not - I would hope so!

London Pins said...

DJ, The centre is open for retail purchases at the moment. The 17th marks the day on which official pin trading starts.

DJ said...

Okay, thanks for letting me know.

Tim said...

Does anyone know if they are already selling the exclusive designs that you can only find at the Coca Cola Pin Trading Centres?

London Pins said...

Yes, they are selling the Hyde Park Pin Trading Centre Pin.

Tim said...

Cool! I think I may have to pay a visit this weekend!

Brilm said...

I checked it out today - the workers were very happy to see a real person, and one who knew about pin trading. They were all very nice and interested. And I think rather bored (very few people through).

The 2012 shop was similar - dead quiet, bored workers. However, I wasn't that impressed with their selection of pins. They had all the new ones that have just come out, but for a greater selection of older ones, John Lewis was much better. I managed to get the cream tea pin I hadn't been able to order from Canada, yay!

Eno said...

Hi, My name is Eno and I am sooo excited about getting into pin trading and cannot wait to go to my first pin meet on the 21st. How do I go about registering if I want a chance at possibly getting a sponsor pin? Also, I have seen the opening ceremony pins...wow! How in the world do I get one of those?!

Robert said...

Hi Paul, do you know if there are photos of it up on the web yet?

Thanks, Robert.

London Pins said...

Not yet Robert